Thursday, August 25, 2011

For the Foodies: Mawa's Taste of Africa

Mawa's Taste of Africa

Few things compare to the aroma of my mother-in-law's kitchen when she's making Liberian food -- so flavorful, spicy, and hearty. But she lives up north so I only get to enjoy cassava with palm butter, rice bread, and slap-yourself-silly pepper sauce a few times a year. On occasion, hubby makes a big ol' pot of the jollof rice (a.k.a. "that guuud rice", as it's been coined by my Southern friends). So boy was I pleased when I came across Mawa's on Yelp! I went with some coworkers and what a treat.

Mawa's is a cozy little place with a huge menu, so make sure you look online before you go, lest you end up dazed and drooling at the table. Rather than re-write the whole thing, check out my review on Yelp (see the gadget on this page), and if you go (or have already visited), please let me know what you think. In a nutshell, Mawa's combines attentive customer service with a wide selection of foods to suit any palatte (even the highly-Americanized) in a comfortable, casual atmosphere. Everything the reviews said about Mawa herself being a great hostess is true.

This place is not exactly like mommy's or hubby's cookin', but it's mighty good.

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment