Tuesday, August 14, 2012

My neglected blog... and a quick update!

It's so SAD how I've neglected this little blog. I've been so busy enjoying myself in RDU and points nearby, I haven't really taken the time to post about it like I should. That said, let me break down three little things which are going on locally, or just a short drive away:

Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte, NC
Photo Source/Credit

1) Are you ready for some footbaaaaall?! DH and I are hoping to get in a little Panthers action this year. With Charlotte only a quick two-hour drive from RDU, it might be just the thing to usher in the fall sports season. Be warned -- tickets are a pricey! For the Panthers-Cowboys game on Oct 21, 2012, nosebleed tickets start at around $115 a pop, and that's not even near the 50-yard line.

Mmm... doesn't that look healthy!
Photo credit

2) Taste the Sweet Frog. So you'd basically have to be a hermit to not notice all the frozen yogurt spots popping up around our area. There are many to choose from, but my favorite so far is Sweet Frog, particularly the location at Plantation Point (BJ's complex off Capital Blvd). They run specials every day, it's kid-friendly and date-night friendly, and the customer service thus far has been great. (Although it may sound like it, no I don't work for them. I just love this spot.)

Photo credit


3) Wanna dance? Now that you've had your fill of frozen yogurt, burn off some of those calories with a FREE group dance fitness session at one of your local Raleigh parks! While walking the other day, I met a  nice rep from the City of Raleigh who filled me in on the city's Dancing in the Park program. At the Spring Forest location, it will be on Thursdays starting Aug 23 (through Oct). Did I mention it's free? It's happening all over town, including a Michael Jackson themed dance on Aug 27 in Chavis Park.

And now, back to work I go...
Shones

2 comments:

  1. Oh my. I just figured out I follow your hair blog!!! My hubby & I are thinking of moving to Raleigh, so I'm glad you're back to posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now how cool is that?! Thanks for following both blogs! lol.
    We LOVE living in Raleigh, and it's accompanying sister cities, Durham and Chapel Hill. Best wishes to you as you make that decision!

    ReplyDelete